HIPAA Business Associate Agreement (BAA)
Under the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, a HIPAA business associate agreement (BAA) is a contract between a HIPAA covered entity and a HIPAA business associate (BA). The contract protects personal health information (PHI) in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
Once a BAA is signed with ConexED, the following will be enacted on your ConexED account
- End-To-End Encryption will be enabled for all meetings
- In-Meeting File Transfer will be disabled
- Cloud Recording will be disabled
- Remove device/user information in logging and reporting
- Encrypted Chat will be enabled
Encrypted Chat Features:
- Text messages will be encrypted
- Offline messages will only be available after all parties initiate a key exchange
- Disable file sharing
- Disable screen capture
- Disable sending images
For information on how to have a BAA signed with ConexED, please contact us at 801-935-4244 or by email at email@example.com.